Lance Lubel focuses his legal practice on representing victims. In addition to his work advocating for people navigating through storm damage claims and property tax disputes, Lance's clients include victims of personal injuries including toxic torts, products liability, contaminated property, trucking accidents, defective drugs, industrial site accidents and insurance bad faith. Additionally, Lance was the lead lawyer for a Fortune 20 company in property tax litigation in various parts of the United States.
Texas Monthly Magazine has recognized him as a Texas Super Lawyer for the last ten years including 2014. Texas Monthly Magazine also named him one of the top 100 Houston lawyers in 2012. He is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and Texas Bar Foundation. Lance previously served on the board of the Gulf Coast Freight Rail District, a position appointed to him by Mayor Bill White of Houston, Texas.
Among his many significant legal accomplishments, Lance is one of the few lawyers in the country that has first chair experience in jury trials in asbestos cases, silicosis case, benzene exposure case, welding fume case, automobile accident cases, explosion cases, and ad valorem tax case. He served as Lead Counsel in the largest reported jury award for a silicosis case. Also, Lance tried and won the first jury verdict for benzene containing liquid wrench products liability case in the United States. Lance is a frequent guest speaker at Legal Seminars on Benzene and Discovery in the Computer Age.
Lance is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas. He is a member of the State Bar of Texas and the American Association for Justice. He earned a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from the University of Texas and his J.D. from the University of Houston Law School. Lance has one daughter.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin
Honors and Awards
- Texas Super Lawyer, 2004 - 2014 (a Thomson-Reuters company)
- Houston Top Lawyer (H Texas Magazine) March 2007
- Top 100 Houston Lawyers, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2006 (a Thomson-Reuters company)
- Rising Star, Texas Monthly Magazine, 2003 (a Thomson-Reuters company)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Texas Monthly Magazine, Top 100 Houston Lawyers, 2006 and 2011
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Member
- Texas Bar Foundation, Member
- Gulf Coast Freight Rail District, Board Member